- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student with a declared major in the UCF College of Arts and Humanities
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Applicant must demonstrate a financial need based on a current FAFSA form on file with the UCF Office of Student Financial Assistance
- Applicant must be the first in their immediate family to attend college
- A well-supported and clearly organized letter of intent between 750-1000 words. In the letter, talk about being a first generation college student, and connect your objectives and professional goals to your education in the College of Art and Humanities. Please describe any experience you have had in the field (volunteer work, internships and employment, participation in student organizations and activities) and explain how you believe your experiences, in both the classroom and the field, will help you achieve your goals. Please proof read and edit your letter carefully.
- A current résumé of no more than three pages.
- An unofficial degree audit.
- Two letters of recommendation. One letter must be from a CAH faculty member. Letters of recommendation should address the applicant’s character and work ethic. You will be able to attach them with the application.
One full-time undergraduate or graduate student will be awarded up to $1,000 per term for Fall 2019 and Spring 2020. The award may be used on courses, books, and/or other educational expenses.
Additional information and application instructions are available here.