- Applicant must be enrolled at the university as a full-time or part-time graduate student in the School of Visual Arts & Design (SVAD) or the School of Performing Arts (SPA)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- A 1-page artist statement that addresses your academic and career goals, and an explanation of financial need. Statement must not exceed 300 words, single spacing, and a 12-point font.
- Two letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation should address the applicant’s character and work ethic. You will be able to attach them with the application.
- Current Students: One of the letters must be from a current or previous graduate or undergraduate professor within SVAD or the SPA; the other can come from another faculty member in or outside the SPA, or from an individual outside the university who knows you professionally.
- Incoming Students: One letter must be from a previous graduate or undergraduate professor who can speak to your artistic merit; the other can come from another faculty member or a community member.
Graduate students in the UCF School of Visual Art & Design or the School of Performing Arts are eligible for scholarships worth up to $1,000. The award will be divided over the course of two consecutive semesters beginning in the Fall 2019 term.
Students can apply for this scholarship using myUCF.
- Log on to myUCF
- Navigate to: Student Self Service > Scholarship Application > Add a New Application
- On the subsequent page, you will see a list of scholarships for which you may be eligible. Choose the link for “Adler Family Fund for Excellence Scholarship.”
For more information about the myUCF application process, download the Scholarship Application eForm Student Reference guide.
Additional information on requirements and application instructions are available here.